|Safari Name||3Days Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Safari|
Day 1: Kigali-Ruhengeri province
Upon your arrival at Kigali International Airport, you will be received by our guide and thereafter start your Rwanda safari with city tour in Kigali City covering Rwanda Memorial Genocide centre and Karisoke Gorilla Research Centre. Lunch shall be en-route as you go to Ruhengeri province where you shall have your dinner and overnight at the Gorilla nest or Kinigi guest House. Meal plan: Half-Board
Day 2: Volcanoes National Park
After our breakfast, start your Rwanda gorilla tracking safari by driving for half a kilometer to the head quarters for briefing by park officials and after enter into the jungle to search for the shy mountain endangered gorillas in Rwanda. Requirements like walkable shoes, hut, insect repellent, sunscreen, rain gears, packed lunch and bottled water are a must plus other tools that one may need once in the tropical rain forest. Return to your lodge for dinner and overnight. Meal plan: Full-Board.
Day 3: Dian Fossey Centre – Kigali city
After an early morning breakfast, trek to the Dian Fossey Centre and learn about all the good work she did to save the Rwanda mountain gorillas. It was her effort that helped to conserve these Gorillas in Rwanda and she is therefore respected by all conservationists. If lucky enough, you will enjoy these apes/mountain gorillas in their typical mist. Return to the lodge for your lunch and later drive to Kigali city having an en-route city tour as you head to the airport for your flight back home or to your lodge for dinner and overnight. Meal plan: Half-Board.
Activities/services included in the cost:
• Game drives as per the itinerary
• Arrival and Departure airport transfers
• Accommodation and Meals as per the itinerary
• All park entrance fees to include government taxes
• Full time English speaking professional driver/guide
• 1 Gorilla tracking permit per person where applicable in the tour
• 1 Chimpanzee tracking permit per person where applicable in the tour
• Ground transport in a comfortable 4×4 Safari Vehicle equipped for game viewing, photography and touring
• Our 24hours support throughout the safari
Activities/services excluded in the cost:
• All International / domestic flights and any related taxes
• Personal expenses e.g. laundry, telephone calls, Beverages/Drinks, Tips and
• Travel and personal accident Insurance for any Passenger
• Visas which can be applied online or at the Embassy in your country
• Travel & Personal accident insurance
• Optional activities as indicated above and any other extras not detailed in the above itinerary
• Excursions, services and activities not mentioned in this program
To get costs for this tour, contact our Sales Office Team on email@example.com stating the Safari Tour Code and name of the safari you want to book and we shall revert back with safari costs and availability status.
Commonly known as a land of a thousand hills, Rwanda has reinvented itself in recent years as an ecotourism destination. The undulating hills and mountains ever covered by mist every morning form a good scenery – hence the movie “gorillas in the mist”. Mountain gorilla trekking in Volcano National Park is by far Rwanda’s major international attraction. After the release of the feature film, Gorillas in the Mist, about the late Dian Fossey’s pioneering work habituating the gorillas (in order to study their behavior), trekking increased tremendously.
Rwanda has five volcanoes, 23 lakes and numerous rivers. Her mountainous topography is a product of her position on the eastern rim of the Albertine Rift Valley, part of the Great Rift Valley which cuts through Africa from the Red Sea to Mozambique. Rwanda has three main conservation areas: the Volcanoes Park, Akagera Park and Nyungwe Forest.
Rwanda has three main conservation areas: the Volcanoes Park, Akagera Park and Nyungwe Forest. Each of these protects a very unique ecosystem and combination of large mammals. Akagera supports a typical savannah fauna dominated by a variety of antelopes, zebra, buffalo and giraffe, the aquatic hippopotamus, and plains predators such as lion, leopard and spotted hyena. The Volcanoes Park is the best place in the world to track mountain gorillas while Nyungwe offers visitors a good chance of viewing chimpanzees and 400-strong troops of colobus monkeys – the largest arboreal primate troops in Africa today.
Destination Rwanda: Land of gorillas and Chimpanzees….quintessentially exclusive….
Rwanda, the land of rolling hills and mountains ever covered by mist every morning and home of “the gorillas in the mist” movie has the best Gorilla trekking in Volcanoes Park and chimpanzees in Nyungwe. With 5 volcanoes, 23lakes and numerous rivers Rwanda is truly your undiscovered safari treasure.