|Safari Name||9Days Kenya Tanzania Migration Safari|
|Destination||Kenya and Tanzania|
Summary of Key Tour Details:
• Duration: 9Days/8Nights
• Destinations: Nairobi/Lake Nakuru/Masai Mara/Isebania border/Serengeti/Ngorongoro/Manyara/Arusha
• Accommodation: As indicated below. However we can also work with any of the hotels that you prefer.
• Transport: Using Custom-built 4×4 Landcruisers or Vans with pop up rooftop for Game viewing.
• Flight Option: Flying option is available for this safari but at an extra cost.
• Exclusive private vehicle and driver-guide throughout the safari
• Early booking is advised to avoid missing on your choice of hotels/accommodation.
Day 1: Arrival in Nairobi and drive to Lake Nakuru National Park
Arrive in Nairobi’s Jomo Kenyatta International Airport. Meet and assist by Trails of Africa Safaris airport representative and drive to Lake Nakuru National Park heading straight for a game drive to the world famous haunt for pink flamingos, is a shallow alkaline lake in Kenya’s Rift Valley and some 62 km2 in extent. In late 80’s the park also became Kenya’s first rhino sanctuary and is today home to both the White and Black Rhinos. Lions, leopards, hippos, giraffes, waterbucks are equally at home in this unique park.Dinner and Overnight at Sarova Lionhill or Flamingo Hill Camp or Lk Elementaita Serena Camp or Pelican Lodge or Jacaranda Elementaita Lodge or similar lodge on full board basis.Meals – Breakfast in Nairobi (pay directly); Lunch and Dinner in Nakuru
Day 2: From Nakuru National Park to Masai Mara Game Reserve
After breakfast, drive to Masai Mara Game Reserve. Arrive and have lunch before embarking for an afternoon game drive. The jewel in Africa’s crown, Maasai Mara, is host to the most spectacular array of wildlife such as Lions, elephant, Cheetah, leopard, Rhinos, giraffe, gazelle, zebras among others.
Optional Afternoon Visit to a Masai Cultural Village: This afternoon, we have an option of joining the Maasai dancers donning their African regalia and the jingling on their feet, flow by the rhythm of African beats and dance to their tunes that will leave you refreshed.
Meals – Breakfast in Nakuru; Lunch and Dinner in Maasai Mara.
Day 3: Full Day in Masai Mara Game Reserve
A full day is spent game viewing and exploring this natural wonder with a visit to the Mara River where the wildebeest migration takes place. Here you can see both the hippos and the crocodiles that co exist in the same waters. The Masai Mara is Kenya’s most popular safari destination and for good reason. It is a vast reserve of endless flat grassland crossed by rivers which play host to wildlife’s most spectacular moments. Its biggest drawcard is the Wildebeest Migration when vast hordes of Wildebeest roar through the park bringing in its trail a wake of mighty predators. If you’re lucky enough to be in Masai Mara during the migration pick a spot by the river and watch enraptured as crocs and lions compete to pick-off stragglers from the clattering herds of wildebeest
Optional Maasai Mara Balloon Ride: Enjoy early morning ballooning over the plains, getting a bird’s eye view of the game below as the sun creeps slowly over the horizon. After approximately one hour aloft, the balloon lands while a breakfast is being prepared for us nearby. The smell of bacon, sausages and eggs drift on the breeze as we sample exotic Kenyan fruits and pastries and, glasses of bubbly to toast our flight, a tradition initiated by the Montgolfier brothers.
Meals – Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner in Masai Mara
Day 4: Masai Mara Game Reserve to Serengeti National Park via Isebania
Breakfast in Masai Mara set off for Serengeti Game Park via Isebania border where you will be met by our safari guide with packed lunches, after visa and travel formalities you will be transferred to Serengeti National park. Lunch at a picnic site on the way. Afternoon games drive en-route to the lodge in Serengeti National park.
Dinner and overnight at Katikati Tented camp FB
Day 5: Full Day in Serengeti National Park
This day will be spent touring the endless plains of Serengeti National park abundant with wildlife. Timings are best planned by clients and there safari guide. Lunches at a picnic site/lodge. Afternoon game drive in the park/leisure at the lodge.
Dinner and overnight at Katikati Tented camp FB
NB-You can choose to do a balloon safari on this morning while at Serengeti. For more details on balloon safari.
Day 6: From Serengeti National Park to Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Breakfast at the lodge the
Afternoon game drives en-route to the lodge. Dinner and overnight at Ngorongoro Serena safari lodge FB
Day 7: Full Day in Ngorongoro Crater
After breakfast at the lodge, descend to the crater with packed lunch for a full day game drive of this natural zoo. Lunch at a picnic site in the crater. Afternoon games drive in the crater then ascend the crater and head to the lodge.Dinner and overnight at Ngorongoro Serena safari lodge FB
Day 8: Full Day in Lake Manyara National Park
Breakfast at the lodge then depart for Lake Manyara National park with packed lunch-morn game drive. Lunch at picnic site in the park. Afternoon game drive at the park, then exit the park and drive to the lodge. Dinner and overnight at Lake Manyara Serena lodge FB
Day 9: Lake Manyara to Arusha and Departure Flight Home
Breakfast at the lodge then depart for Arusha with stop over’s at “Mto mbu” and on the way for souvenirs shopping. Early lunch at a restaurant/hotel in Arusha. Thereafter transfer to Kilimanjaro international airport for departure flight home.
Activities/services included in the cost:
• Arrival and departure airport transfers.
• English speaking Driver guide.
• Game drives and park entry fees.
• Accommodation as per itinerary.
• Game drives as per the itinerary.
• Park and game reserve entrance fees
• Exclusive private vehicle throughout the safari.
• Hotels in the Game Parks are based on Full Board.
• Transportation using either 4×4 Landcruisers or Safari Van.
• Drinking water throughout the safari; 2 bottles per person per day.
• Unlimited game drives from morning to evening everyday.
• 24hours support of our Tours staff throughout the safari.
Activities/services excluded in the cost:
• All International Flights/local Flights + Taxes
• Visa fees, Travel & Personal accident insurance
• Breakfast and lunch in Nairobi on the first and the last day
• Excursions/services/activities not mentioned in this program
• Flying option available for certain safaris at an extra cost
• Personal expenses e.g. laundry, telephone calls, Drinks, Tips etc
• Xmas and Easter Holiday Surcharge: quoted separately.
• Flying option available at an extra cost.
To get costs for this tour, contact our Sales Office Team on firstname.lastname@example.org stating the Safari Tour Code and name of the safari you want to book and we shall revert back with safari costs and availability status.