- Country Information
- Country Attractions
- Country Map
- Related Safari
|Safari Name||11Days Gorilla Tour in Uganda and Rwanda|
Day 1: Arrival in Kampala and drive to Queen Elizabeth National Park.
Upon arrival in Entebbe, you will be met by our airport representative who will brief you on the safari before departing for Queen Elizabeth National Park which is about 420km via Mbarara and 410km via Kasese about 5-6 hours from Kampala on surface road via Mbarara. On arrival you will have lunch and then spend the rest of the afternoon at leisure. Dinner and overnight at the lodge of choice depending on your budget.
Day 2: game drive and launch cruise
Have breakfast and then go for an early morning game drive then return to your lodge for a late breakfast and later on your lunch. In the afternoon go for a launch cruise along the Kazinga channel where you will spot various water birds and animals. Dinner and overnight at the lodge of choice depending on your budget.
Day 3: Chimpanzee tracking in Kyambura Gorge plus a nature walk.
Have breakfast and leave for chimpanzee trekking in Kyambura Gorge to track the fast moving and indefinable chimpanzees. After lunch go for a nature walk in Maramagambo Forest to see other primates, the bat cave and the blue lake. Return to the lodge of choice depending on your budget.
Day 4: Ishasha Sector Tour.
After breakfast you will drive to Inshasha sector, on arrival you will go for a game drive, where you might spot tree climbing lions, and other animals like elephants, Buffaloes, monkeys, antelope species, baboons and birds among others. Return to the lodge for lunch and relax the rest of the afternoon. Dinner and overnight at the lodge of choice depending on your budget.
Day 5: Transfer to Bwindi
After breakfast you will drive to Bwindi having lunch en route. Dinner and overnight at the your lodge of choice depending on your budget.
Day 6: Gorilla Trekking
Have breakfast and then go for a briefing and after go for trekking, this could take 1-8 hours depending on the movements of these gorillas. Return to the lodge for dinner and overnight.
Day 7: Transfer to Rwanda.
After breakfast you will transfer to Rwanda. Arrive in time for lunch, then proceed to Parc Nationale des volcanoes. Dinner and overnight at the lodge of choice depending on your budget.
Day 8: Gorilla Trekking.
After breakfast, you will drive to the park headquarters where you will meet the ranger guides. After the briefing you will begin the search of mountain Gorillas. The trek can be quite tough that it takes a lot of time approximately 2-8 hours. After the trekking, Transfer to Nyungwe forest. Dinner and Overnight at the lodge of choice depending on your budget.
Day 9: Chimpanzee Trekking Safari.
After breakfast go for chimp trekking, you may spot other primates like the colobus monkeys plus viewing other inhabitants of the forest like birds and butterflies, return to the lodge for late lunch. After lunch relax at the lodge. Dinner and Overnight at the lodge of choice depending on your budget.
Day 10: Have optional relaxed activities in Kivu.
Have breakfast, drive to Gisenyi and participate in optional relaxing/leisure activities like swimming, a boat ride and sun bathing that will refresh you from the tiresome activities. Dinner and overnight at the lodge
Day 11: Departure
Have breakfast and transfer back to Kigali, you may do a city tour with a visit to the cultural museum in Butare enroute, visit the genocide memorial site. Then transfer to the airport for your departure flight.
• Game drives as per the itinerary
• Arrival and Departure airport transfers
• Accommodation and Meals as per the itinerary
• All park entrance fees to include government taxes
• Full time English speaking professional driver/guide
• 1 Gorilla tracking permit per person where applicable in the tour
• 1 Chimpanzee tracking permit per person where applicable in the tour
• Ground transport in a comfortable 4×4 Safari Vehicle equipped for game viewing, photography and touring
• Our 24hours support throughout the safari
• All International / domestic flights and any related taxes
• Personal expenses e.g. laundry, telephone calls, Beverages/Drinks, Tips and
• Travel and personal accident Insurance for any Passenger
• Visas which can be applied online or at the Embassy in your country
• Travel & Personal accident insurance
• Optional activities as indicated above and any other extras not detailed in the above itinerary
• Excursions, services and activities not mentioned in this program
To get costs for this tour, contact our Sales Office Team on email@example.com stating the Safari Tour Code and name of the safari you want to book and we shall revert back with safari costs and availability status.