|Safari Name||2Days Selous Game Reserve Safari (By air)|
Summary of Key Tour Details:
- Duration: 2Days/1Nights
- Destinations: Dar es salaam/Selous Game Reserve/Rufiji River
- Accommodation: Either in 5star or 4star Hotels/Lodges/Camps depending on your budget.
- Transport: Using Custom-built 4×4 Landcruisers/Jeep with pop up rooftop for Game viewing
- Flight Option: Flying option is available for this safari but at an extra cost.
- Exclusive private vehicle and driver-guide throughout the safari
Day 1: Dar es salaam – Selous Game Reserve
Pick up from Dar es Salaam city center and transfer to Dar es Salaam Airport for departure on a scheduled flight to Selous Game Reserve. On arrival, you will be met by Rufiji River Camp’s representative and transferred to the Rufiji River Camp for lunch. Enjoy an afternoon game viewing in the reserve. Participate in some classic – style game drives – exploring the bush in open 4 x 4 vehicles. Waterbuck, southern reed buck and bushbuck are common in the Selous. Rare sable antelope, lion and greater kudu also frequent this area. Dinner and overnight at Rufiji River Camp.
Day 2: Selous Game Reserve-Safari Walk-Dar es salaam – Departure
After breakfast accompany an armed ranger on a waking safari in the reserve. The sights and sounds (and smells) of a walking safari are a special treat that will live long in your memory. The thrill of creeping up to animals to “shoot” them with your camera is a great experience. After lunch, you will be transferred to the airstrip for departure on a scheduled flight to Dar es Salaam. On arrival at Dar es Salaam Airport, you will be met and transferred to Dar es Salaam city centre.
- Accommodation and meals as per the itinerary.
- Transportation in 4×4 Landcruiser Safari vehicle: 8seater or 6seater.
- 8Seater Vehicle has 6 window seats: 5at the back and 1 in front next to driver.
- 6Seater Vehicle has 5window seats: 4at the back and 1 in front next to driver.
- Game drives as per the itinerary
- English speaking Driver guide.
- Game drives and park entry fees.
- Services of our Tours staff.
- Tourism Development Levy US $ 1.50 per person per night.
- Our 24hours support throughout the safari
- All International Flights/local Flights + departure Taxes.
- Visa fees, Inoculations and personal insurance.
- Travel & Personal accident insurance and Baggage Insurance.
- Meals and Accommodation in Dar es Salaam city
- Excursions/services/activities not mentioned in this program.
- Flying option available for certain safaris at an extra cost.
- Personal expenses e.g. laundry, telephone calls, Drinks, Tips etc.
- Xmas and Easter Holiday Surcharge: quoted separately.
To get costs for this tour, contact our Sales Office Team on firstname.lastname@example.org stating the Safari Tour Code and name of the safari you want to book and we shall revert back with safari costs and availability status.
The best game viewing areas on the continent of Africa is a highly debated topic, but Tanzania with its attractions including Serengeti, wildebeest migration, Ngorongoro Crater, Olduvai Gorge, Mount Kilimanjaro and Zanzibar Beaches, is one obvious contender. Tanzania is a fascinating travel destination that has been blessed with real beauty and it offers something for everyone. Mt Kilimanjaro, with its 5895 metre altitude is the highest mountain in Africa. The Serengeti National Park with its seemingly endless plains, is one of the best wildlife resorts in the world and then there is the Ngorongoro Crater with its unbelievable density of animals.It is also the site of Olduvai Gorge, where Professor Leakey discovered the earliest known footprints of hominoid man.The “Northern Circuit” includes Arusha National Park, Tarangire National Park, Lake Manyara National Park, Ngorongoro Conservation Area, Oldupai Gorge and the Serengeti National Park. The northern parks, are justifiably world-renowned, especially if you are there to witness the enormous herds of the Great Migration or to take a balloon or riding safari across the vast grassy plains. The escarpment of the Great Rift Valley creates a dramatic volcanic landscape and some of the most fertile grazing grounds on earth; thus this is home to the largest herds on the planet, and the highest concentration of predators in the whole of Africa.
Destination Tanzania:….…the land of Serengeti & Mt. Kilimanjaro… Seriously adventurous
Tanzania invokes thoughts of endless rolling plains, open savannah grasslands teaming with wildlife and the highest mountain in Africa. The landscape is stunning and its beauty unmatched; Mt. Kilimanjaro – Africa’s highest mountain, Lake Tanganyika – Africa’s deepest lake, Lake Victoria – the world’s second largest lake and the source of the Nile, the Great Wildebeest Migration Herds, the Ngorongoro Crater, Birds of Lk Manyara, etc.
Arusha National Park
Dar Es Salaam City Tour
Lake Manyara National Park
Mikumi National Park
Mt. Kilimanjaro National Park
Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Ruaha National Park
Selous Game Reserve
Serengeti National Park
Tarangire National Park