- Tanzania Information
- Tanzania Attractions
- Tanzania Map
- Related Safari
|Safari Name||5Days Ruaha & Mikumi National Parks (By Road)|
Summary of Key Tour Details:
- Duration: 5Days/4Nights
- Destinations: Dar es salaam/Ruaha N.Park/Mikumi N.Park
- Accommodation: either in 5star or 4star Hotels/Lodges/Camps depending on your budget.
- Transport: Using Custom-built 4×4 Landcruisers/Jeep with pop up rooftop for Game viewing
- Flight Option: Flying option is available for this safari but at an extra cost.
- Exclusive private vehicle and driver-guide throughout the safari
- Early booking is advised to avoid missing on your choice of hotels/accommodation.
Day 1: Dar es salaam – Iringa Town
After breakfast, drive to Iringa town. Stop at a restaurant for lunch, and then proceed driving to Iringa town for dinner and overnight at Iringa Hotel or similar.
Day 2: Iringa Town-Ruaha National Park
After breakfast drive to Ruaha National Park, which is famous for its rare sable antelope, roan antelope, and big herds of elephants. The park represents a transition zone where eastern and southern African flora and fauna overlap. Although Ruaha is one of the largest parks in Africa, it is comparatively unknown and, due to its remoteness, remains unspoiled. Lunch at the lodge followed by an afternoon game drive. Ruaha River Lodge is the only lodge in the reserve and is built on a rocky ridge with spectacular views of the Great Ruaha River. Dinner and overnight at Ruaha River Lodge.
Day 3: Full Day In Ruaha National Park
Enjoy a full day game drive in the park. Nearly 500 bird species have been sighted within the park. The river area features large numbers of hippo and crocodile and attracts lion, leopard, hunting dog, waterbuck, impala, giraffe, warthog and eland. Grants gazelle, ostrich and cheetah may be seen on the plains. Meals and overnight at Ruaha River Lodge.
Day 4: Ruaha National Park- Mikumi National Park
After breakfast drive to Kitonga Inn Lodge for lunch and proceed to Mikumi National Park for dinner and overnight at Vuma Hill Tented Lodge or similar.
Day 5: Mikumi National Park-Dar es salaam – Departure
After breakfast, enjoy another game drive in Mikumi National Park, which is well known for its population of elephants, giraffes, buffaloes, zebras, elands, greater Kudu, wildebeest, roan and sable antelope. Predators include tree-climbing lions, leopards, wild hunting dogs and black-backed jackal. You may also see crocodiles, monitor lizards, yellow baboons and hippos. Return to the camp for lunch and then drive back to Dar es Salaam. Drop off in the city Centre.
- Accommodation and meals as per the itinerary.
- Transportation in 4×4 Landcruiser Safari vehicle: 8seater or 6seater.
- 8Seater Vehicle has 6 window seats: 5at the back and 1 in front next to driver.
- 6Seater Vehicle has 5window seats: 4at the back and 1 in front next to driver.
- Game drives as per the itinerary
- English speaking Driver guide.
- Game drives and park entry fees.
- Services of our Tours staff.
- Tourism Development Levy US $ 1.50 per person per night.
- Our 24hours support throughout the safari
- All International Flights/local Flights + departure Taxes.
- Visa fees, Inoculations and personal insurance.
- Travel & Personal accident insurance and Baggage Insurance.
- Meals and Accommodation in Dar es Salaam city
- Excursions/services/activities not mentioned in this program.
- Flying option available for certain safaris at an extra cost.
- Personal expenses e.g. laundry, telephone calls, Drinks, Tips etc.
- Xmas and Easter Holiday Surcharge: quoted separately.
To get costs for this tour, contact our Sales Office Team on firstname.lastname@example.org stating the Safari Tour Code and name of the safari you want to book and we shall revert back with safari costs and availability status.
The best game viewing areas on the continent of Africa is a highly debated topic, but Tanzania with its attractions including Serengeti, wildebeest migration, Ngorongoro Crater, Olduvai Gorge, Mount Kilimanjaro and Zanzibar Beaches, is one obvious contender. Tanzania is a fascinating travel destination that has been blessed with real beauty and it offers something for everyone. Mt Kilimanjaro, with its 5895 metre altitude is the highest mountain in Africa. The Serengeti National Park with its seemingly endless plains, is one of the best wildlife resorts in the world and then there is the Ngorongoro Crater with its unbelievable density of animals.It is also the site of Olduvai Gorge, where Professor Leakey discovered the earliest known footprints of hominoid man.The “Northern Circuit” includes Arusha National Park, Tarangire National Park, Lake Manyara National Park, Ngorongoro Conservation Area, Oldupai Gorge and the Serengeti National Park. The northern parks, are justifiably world-renowned, especially if you are there to witness the enormous herds of the Great Migration or to take a balloon or riding safari across the vast grassy plains. The escarpment of the Great Rift Valley creates a dramatic volcanic landscape and some of the most fertile grazing grounds on earth; thus this is home to the largest herds on the planet, and the highest concentration of predators in the whole of Africa.
Destination Tanzania:….…the land of Serengeti & Mt. Kilimanjaro… Seriously adventurous
Tanzania invokes thoughts of endless rolling plains, open savannah grasslands teaming with wildlife and the highest mountain in Africa. The landscape is stunning and its beauty unmatched; Mt. Kilimanjaro – Africa’s highest mountain, Lake Tanganyika – Africa’s deepest lake, Lake Victoria – the world’s second largest lake and the source of the Nile, the Great Wildebeest Migration Herds, the Ngorongoro Crater, Birds of Lk Manyara, etc.
Arusha National Park
Dar Es Salaam City Tour
Lake Manyara National Park
Mikumi National Park
Mt. Kilimanjaro National Park
Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Ruaha National Park
Selous Game Reserve
Serengeti National Park
Tarangire National Park